Dementia Home Care
Dementia home care provides the care your loved one needs to stay safe at home rather than in a nursing home or other facility. It also offers much needed respite and support for family caregivers.
Ashe Home Care offers Alzheimer’s home care in Boone and surrounding areas for people in various stages of the illness. This includes early-stage, mid-stage and late-stage dementia. We tailor our approach to your loved one’s needs, providing the high level of supervision and support they need.
What Is Dementia Home Care?
People coping with dementia have unique needs that change as their condition progresses. Family members often work hard to provide care at home as long as they can. Over time, you may feel overwhelmed and wonder if a nursing home is the only option to keep your loved one safe. The good news is many families find that they can keep their loved one safe at home and stay more closely connected with them with the support of home care.
Dementia home care is a specialized type of care designed for people with Alzheimer’s or dementia. Often, care focuses on calming agitation or confusion and maintaining quality of life. Family members who live far away from their loved one are plagued with worry and tough choices. Those who act as primary caregiver often face high levels of stress and struggle to balance work, family and personal needs with their caregiving responsibilities. Alzheimer’s in-home care supports you so that you can make the best choices for your loved one and regain balance in your life.
Who Provides Dementia Care?
Our team is led by a registered nurse who provides specialized training in dementia care for our caregivers. We’ll match your loved one with a home health aide or certified nursing assistant that is ideally suited to their needs. Your loved one can receive care as little or as often as needed, up to 24 hours a day.
With Ashe Home Care, you can rest assured your caregiver is compassionate, patient and skilled in providing home care for dementia patients. As a family owned and locally operated home care agency, we believe all of our caregiving relationships must be based on kindness and respect and will go above and beyond to meet your needs.
We’ll help you and your loved one navigate the challenges you face each day. We offer a wide range of dementia services in Boone and surrounding areas, including:
- Help with bathing, dressing, grooming and other personal care tasks
- Wandering prevention
- Walking and transferring assistance
- Reminders about medications, appointments and other needs
- Dementia/Alzheimer’s companion care
- Health monitoring and reporting
- Cooking healthy meals
- Transportation to medical appointments and other outings
- Light housekeeping, chores and other homemaker services
- Incontinence care
- Respite care to give family caregivers a break
- Home nursing care
Benefits of Dementia Care at Home
There are several benefits of home care for dementia patients. For example, Alzheimer’s home care:
- Maintains dignity and quality of life for the person with dementia
- Is a safe, affordable alternative to nursing home care
- Allows your loved one to stay in comfortable, calm surroundings with familiar daily routines, which minimizes disorientation and anxiety
- Provides social engagement and stimulating activities, tailored to your loved one’s abilities
- Honors your loved one’s interests and hobbies
- Maintains connections with the person your loved one was prior to the onset of dementia
- Includes compassionate care from caregivers trained in handling the unpredictable situations and risky behaviors that are characteristic of dementia
- Offers respite care, education and support for family caregivers to protect your health and well-being
In-Home Dementia Care Costs
There are several factors that determine your in-home dementia care costs. Some of these include:
- What services are needed
- How often a caregiver visits
- Whether you have long-term care insurance, veterans benefits, Medicaid or other coverage to help offset in-home dementia care costs
When your loved one is living with dementia, deciding what to do next can be difficult. You’re not alone. We’ll talk you through your options and help you map out your next steps, whether the best solution is Alzheimer’s in-home care or something else. Call us at (336) 846-1345 to learn more about dementia home care in Boone and surrounding areas.
Contact Us Today