Ashe Home Care offers homemaker services in Boone and surrounding areas. Our homemakers’ goal is to provide a safe, clean living environment for your loved one. You can receive these services alone, or in combination with other home care services we offer, such as home nursing care or home health aide support.
Housekeeping tasks can become unmanageable for elderly individuals and people with disabilities, injuries or health conditions. Have you noticed signs that your loved one is struggling to keep up with housekeeping tasks? Is their environment clean and tidy? Have they limited their living space to just one or two rooms? Home care can help.
What Is a Homemaker?
Homemaker services for the disabled and elderly help keep your loved one’s home clean, comfortable and safe. Our homemakers in Boone and surrounding areas visit your loved one’s home as often as needed, from a few hours a week to 24 hours per day.
Professional homemakers are focused on the details and skilled in managing a home. We follow your instructions and preferences, and treat your loved one and the special place they call home with the highest respect.
Your loved one may be able to care for him or herself, but can’t keep up with the ongoing demands of maintaining their home. Or perhaps they need help with cooking and cleaning in addition to personal care tasks like bathing, dressing and grooming. Ashe Home Care can help with all of these needs.
What Are Homemaker Services?
We offer a wide range of homemaker services in Boone and surrounding areas, including:
- Light housecleaning
- Washing dishes
- Laundry, changing the bed and ironing
- Grocery shopping
- Preparing meals
- Safety measures like checking smoke detectors and addressing fall hazards
- Taking out the garbage
- Travel accompaniment
We work with you and your loved one to create a customized plan that includes all of the services they need.
Benefits of Homemaker Services
Having someone manage your loved one’s home can have several benefits:
- Improved sense of control and confidence
- Reduced feelings of depression and hopelessness
- Better nutrition
- Reduced risk of injury or illness
- Ability to stay independent at home and potentially delay or prevent the need for nursing home care
- Support to recover from an illness, injury or surgery
- Less stress and worry for both clients and family caregivers
- Allows family caregivers to enjoy quality time with their loved one rather than focusing on chores
- Easier transition should additional home care services become necessary in the future
Paying for Homemaker Services
There are several ways to pay for homemaker services. Some examples include out-of-pocket cash pay, long-term care insurance and veterans benefits. We’ll work with you to create a plan that fits your needs and budget.
Ashe Home Care can help make home a safe, comfortable place for your loved one. If you or a loved one could use an extra hand with daily tasks, call us at (336) 846-1345. We’ll answer questions like what’s a homemaker and what are homemaker services, and help you decide if home care is right for your family.
Contact Us Today