Pediatric Home Care
When children need specialized care, pediatric home care is often a first choice. Home is familiar, comfortable and convenient, and a natural place to build professional relationships with caregivers.
Ashe Home Care offers pediatric home care in Boone, West Jefferson, Wilkesboro and surrounding areas. Our certified nursing assistants, registered nurses, licensed practical nurses and home health aides are trained in caring for children with both short-term and ongoing medical needs. We understand nothing is more precious than your child, and go above and beyond to be a support system you and your child can count on.
Who We Care For
We provide pediatric home health care for children of all ages, from infants to adolescents. Our team typically visits from a few hours to 24 hours a day, depending on your family’s needs. Your child may benefit from pediatric private duty nursing services if they have any of the following needs:
- Physical or developmental disabilities
- Tracheotomy, ventilator, IV nutrition, G-tube or NG-tube feedings or other technology dependence
- Severe abnormalities
- Complex medical needs (e.g., frequent seizures)
- Recovering from surgery, illness or injury
- Respiratory or neurological conditions
Pediatric Home Care Services
In-home pediatric care provides children and their families with a specialized plan tailored to their needs and diagnosis. Some of our services include:
- Pediatric private duty nursing – A registered nurse or licensed practical nurse provides pediatric home care nursing. This may include wound care, support with IV nutrition and other technology dependence, and health monitoring.
- Help with bathing, dressing, toileting, grooming, moving around and other daily tasks from a home health aide
- Meal preparation
- Light housekeeping
- Respite care to give family caregivers a break
Paying for Pediatric Home Care
Cost is an important consideration when deciding on the best type of care for your child. Our clients often pay for pediatric home health care using:
- Long-term insurance
- Veterans benefits
- Out-of-pocket private pay
When you call Ashe Home Care, we’ll talk through your needs and options and develop a care plan that fits your budget.
Our Approach to Pediatric Home Health
Caring for a child with special medical needs can be challenging at times, yet no job could be more important. At Ashe Home Care, we take a family-centered approach to pediatric home health care to ensure you’re involved every step of the way. We work closely with you to understand your goals and your child’s needs.
Some of the benefits of pediatric home health care include:
- Home care can be an affordable alternative to a facility level of care.
- Children are often more comfortable receiving care in their own home.
- It helps improve quality of life for you and your child.
- Our in-home caregivers are carefully screened, trained and supervised by a registered nurse.
Your child deserves care that creates a sense of safety and as much normalcy as possible. With Ashe Home Care, you can expect compassionate care. We’re a small, family-owned home care agency that treats you and your child like family and has provided quality home care since 2006. Call us at (336) 846-1345 to find out if pediatric home health care in Boone and surrounding areas is the right fit for your family.