Senior Home Care
Most seniors want to grow old at home, rather than moving into a nursing home or assisted living facility. Senior home care can help make this possible. Ashe Home Care offers home care for elderly individuals in Boone, NC and neighboring towns such as Wilkesboro and West Jefferson.
Who Provides Elderly Home Care?
Our in-home caregivers for the elderly include home health aides, personal care aides and certified nursing assistants. Each elderly caregiver is carefully screened and trained, with supervision from a registered nurse.
In-Home Care Services for Seniors
Ashe Home Care offers a wide range of in-home care services for seniors. We can help with everyday tasks that are part of a daily routine. This type of care can make all the difference to someone who needs an extra hand. For some, avoiding a dangerous fall or sticking to a medication schedule can mean the difference between staying independent and moving to a facility.
Depending on your loved one’s needs, their senior home care plan may include:
- In-home nursing care for the elderly, which can include wound care, help managing medications and health monitoring
- Senior caregiver services such as help bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting and moving around
- Companionship to prevent senior loneliness and related health issues
- Homemaker services such as light housecleaning, cooking and running errands
- Transportation to medical appointments or other outings
- Respite care for family caregivers
- Home modification recommendations, such as ramps or grab bars, to make your loved one’s home as safe and accessible as possible
How Often Will My Elderly Caregiver Visit?
In-home elderly care can range from just a few hours per day up to full-time, 24/7 care. Some clients need short-term care to recover from a surgery or injury. Others need long-term care to manage a chronic condition or support the family caregiver. We work around your schedule so your care plan meets your needs.
What to Expect From Caregivers for Seniors
We make the process of getting in-home elderly care as simple as possible. Here’s a basic outline of the steps:
- We’ll meet with you and/or your loved one to learn about their health and daily routine.
- We’ll match your loved one with the senior caregiver who will best meet their needs.
- Together, we’ll develop a care plan tailored to you.
- Your loved one will start receiving visits from our private caregivers for the elderly.
- We’ll revisit your plan as your loved one’s needs and situation change over time.
Our elderly caregivers in Boone and surrounding areas are experts in building relationships with older adults and meeting their needs.
Paying for Senior Home Care
Senior home caregivers can be an affordable alternative to a nursing home or assisted living facility. The in-home senior care cost depends on your loved one’s needs and budget. Some of the most common ways of paying for senior home care are:
- Long-term insurance
- Veterans benefits
- Out-of-pocket private pay
Call us and we’ll talk through your needs and budget, and help create a plan to cover the cost of in-home care for the elderly.
Is In-Home Elderly Care Right for You?
Elderly home care might be right for your loved one if:
- They struggle to get to medical appointments, take their medications properly or manage a health condition on their own.
- They feel overwhelmed by the upkeep of their home.
- They don’t have healthy food in the fridge or are unable to prepare nutritious meals.
- They’ve stopped getting dressed, changing clothes, bathing or moving around regularly.
- They’re socially isolated and need companionship.
- They’ve forgotten important things like turning off the stove or paying bills on time.
- Their unopened mail is piling up.
- They’ve suffered a recent fall or have changed their habits or amount of movement because they’re afraid of falling.
- You’ve noticed a decline in abilities or health status, or are worried about their safety.
- You need support as you balance caregiving with your other responsibilities.
Most seniors need help at some point as they grow older. We appreciate the opportunity to care for your loved one and help them stay where their familiar surroundings and favorite memories are: home. Call Ashe Home Care at (336) 846-1345 to find out if senior home care in Boone and surrounding areas is the right solution for your family.