Veterans Home Care
It is our honor to provide veterans home care to those who served our country. Whether your loved one needs help a few hours per week or 24 hours a day, we can help. Ashe Home Care offers in-home care for veterans in Boone, West Jefferson, Wilkesboro and surrounding areas. Our certified nursing assistants, home health aides, registered nurses and licensed practical nurses provide high-quality care where your loved one wants to be: home.
Veterans Home Care Services
Every client has unique needs. We get to know you and your loved one so we can create a home care plan that works for you. Here are some of the services offered as part of our home health care for veterans in Boone and surrounding areas:
- Help with daily tasks like bathing, dressing, grooming, moving from one place to another and using the restroom
- In-home nursing care such as medication management, wound care and health monitoring
- Transportation to medical appointments and outings in the community
- Meal planning and cooking
- Grocery shopping and errands
- Light housecleaning
- Companion care to guard against loneliness
- Respite care for family caregivers
- Home care for elderly veterans, tailored to the needs of seniors
- Home care for disabled adults
Veterans Home Care Benefits
The Veterans Administration offers comprehensive veteran benefits for home care and homemaker services. Many veterans aren’t aware of the veterans home care benefits available to them. For example, a popular program for veterans and their spouses is the Aid and Attendance Pension benefit. It provides assistance for those who need financial help with in-home care for veterans such as help taking medications on time, cooking and eating healthy meals and getting to doctor’s appointments.
We are dedicated to helping you get veteran benefits for home care and work with a number of VA hospitals in Western NC. Call us and we can help connect you with appropriate resources in the high country.
There are also several other ways to pay for home care in West Jefferson and surrounding areas. A few examples include:
- Long-term care insurance
- Private pay
- Workers’ compensation
How Home Care Can Help
If your loved one wants to live in their own home as long as possible, they aren’t alone. Research shows 87% of Americans want to grow old at home. Sometimes people need an extra hand to be able to do this. Home care is that extra hand around the house to help make daily life easier or provide needed medical care.
Here are some of the benefits of home health care for veterans:
- Your loved one is more likely to be open to home care than a nursing home or facility because it provides compassionate, respectful care in the comfort of home.
- You’ll have peace of mind knowing your loved one is safe and cared for when you can’t be there.
- Home health care for veterans is flexible. It can include just the basic necessities like help with bathing and transferring, or it can include 24/7 support or in-home nursing care.
Ashe Home Care is a trusted, family-owned and operated local home care agency. We work with many veterans who need home care in West Jefferson and other nearby areas and understand their unique needs. You can lean on us when your loved one needs support to stay safe and independent at home. Call us at (336) 846-1345 to learn more about veterans home care in Boone and surrounding areas.